1. I can't open the products because they have a .bz2 extension. What should I do?
All products are compressed, to save storage space and network bandwidth. To decompress them you should use the bzip2 application available here.
2. Can I see a preview image of a LSA-SAF product?
Yes. In the Download page, after doing a search for the product you want, click on the preview link next to the search results.
3. How can I open and visualize LSA-SAF products in my computer?
To open our products you can use HDF Viewer and/or Panoply.
4. LSA-SAF EPS Products are hard to decode with HDF Viewer and Panoply. Is there an alternative to these two?
Yes. The European Space Agency has developed SNAP and we recommend it to open EPS products. Tutorials are available here.
5. I don't know how to determine the latitude and longitude for each pixel in the LSA-SAF images.
The latitudes and longitudes are specified in HDF5 auxiliary files, which can be found at the "Help&Support/Auxiliary Data & Internal Products"